Assistant Professor Somboon Tapina M.ED
A retired Government Official of Thailand
- Diploma in Physical Education from the Physical Education Conllege , Bangkok (1963).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Educaion from Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok (1974).
- Master’s degree in Higher Education from Srinakharinwirot University,Songkla (1986).
- Former Vice-President and head of the Physical Education at Surat Thani Rajabhat University.
- Former Professinal Prize Fighter at Rajadumnern stadium, Bankok (1959-1967).
- Fornmer Amateur boxing Champion who fought in eight of Thailand’s provinces and was ranked second overrall in Thailand (1968).
- Former Technical Head of the Ring for Chanel 7 and 12 Live broadcasts in Surat Thani Province (1979-1987).
- Technical Advisor of the World Professinal Muay Thai Federation (W.P.M.F.), 2004.
- Honourable Award for Expertise in Muay Thai and Amateur Boxing : Excellent instructor. Speaker and Head of the Technical committee for the Muay Thai and Amateur Boxing Department , Surat Thani (15th June 1989).
- Honourable Award for achievement in Best Pracitical Physical Education from the Society of Health , Physical Education and Recreation of Thailand (20th January 1993).
- Professor of Muay Thai , who taught instructors, referees and judges for 25 year (1975-2000) at Surat Thani Rajabhat University.
- Many years experience in Muay Thai training (Muay Thai for self-defense, amateur, professional and instrutor training) in Asia , Australia, Cannada, America and the countries of Latin America (1995-2009).
- Specialist who trained Muay Thai instructors, referees and judges for the Sport Authority of Thailand of Thailand and Processional Boxing Association of Thailand (2006-2009).
- President of the Muay Thai Martial Arts Academy, Surat Thani Thailand and Head Muay Thai instructor and Referee for the Surat Thani Province.
- Muay Thai Team Manager and Instructor for the "Muay Festival 2008" in Latin America arranged by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and four Thai Embassies in Latin America (Argentina , Brasil , Maxico and Uruguay) , 25th March-15th April 2008.
- Currently a specialist at the Muay Thai Martial Art Academy, Pranakhon Culture Center, Rajabhat University, Bangkok (2008-2009).
- Currently a Guest Specialist Instructor in Physical Education for Surat Thani Rajabhat University (since 2003).